Welcome to Georgia Dermatologic Surgery Centers, P.C.
Mohs surgery is a highly, specialized treatment for the total removal of skin cancer. Mohs surgery is named in honor of Dr. Frederic Mohs, the physician who developed the technique. This method differs from all other methods of treating skin cancer by the use of complete microscopic examination of all of the tissues removed surgically as well as the detailed mapping techniques to allow the surgeon to remove every cancer cell.
Both physicians are fellowship-trained experts in Mohs and reconstructive surgery. The practice performs approximately 2000 surgeries per year and is a referral center for complex and delicate operations.
Meet Dr Baucom
- Has performed over 20,000 surgeries since founding the practice in 1995.
- President and founder of both GDSC, and the Medical Director and founder of the ASC of GDSC, LLC, a Medicare certified, AAAHC accredited outpatient surgery center.
- 1996-present: has served as a volunteer Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Emory University.
- Mohs fellowship with Dr. John A. Zitelli; Pittsburgh PA.
Meet Dr Mina
- Joined Georgia Dermatologic Surgery Centers, P.C. in 2013
- Board-certified dermatologist since 2012
- Extensive training in Mohs surgery and reconstruction during a Procedural Dermatology Fellowship at Emory University
- Chief Resident and residency training at Harvard Medical School
- Internship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York